Sunday, May 4, 2008

My first.

I preached my first sermon today. All I can say is WOW!! I now know how pastors feel. I wish I could do that every day. I don't know how I'm going to be able to deal with having to wait for the next time I get to preach. It is such a great feeling when you know that your up there doing something for the Lord. How can people get up there and do that for so many years and then deny that there is a God? No lie, I felt like I was standing in front of Him as He watched over my shoulder.

When I woke up in the morning I was so nervous, I was feeling nauseous. I was shaking and scared I was thinking about how bad I was going to do. "I hope they like it", " I hope that I don't mess up". What if... what if.. Everything was going through my head. I forgot my glasses, you name it I was afraid it would happen. Then, on the way to church I turned on the radio and David Jerimiah was preaching on the kind of nerve, or bravery we as Christians should have. We Christians should have the kind of bravery that surpasses the idea of failure. The kind of bravery we should have is the kind of bravery that doesn't recognize failure as even an option.

I get it now, the reason those feelings were there, is if you will look back at the earlier text in this blog you will see that the word "I" is in one form or another the most written word in all of the blog. So, now there is the reason why those feeling are overcoming me is because I am thinking about I too much. I"m not going to be doing anything. The Spirit of God will be the one doing the talking. Matthew 10:19-20"19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." So when you feel like you are worried about not having the right words to say, Don't worry you don't have to say anything as long as you just submit, humble yourself, and let the Spirit of God speak on your behalf. At that point the wrong words will never come out of your mouth.

No comments: