Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Lord's Supper

Well, today at our Hot Spot we talked about Communion and the importance of remembering. The problem I'm having is that I feel like there are a lot of people out there that over look the importance of taking of the Lords Supper. I think when people take it they are taking for granted what they are doing, and or supposed to be doing. I feel that we have labeled it as something that we do because Jesus told us to and forget about what it symbolizes.


What are we doing when we take communion? Well, Jesus said when he broke the bread " this is my body; which is for you, do this in remembrance of me" and " this is the new covenant in my blood; do this whenever you drink this in remembrance of me". So what are we doing? Remembering, acknowledging the body of Christ. Yes, the physical body that got beet up and tore up for us, but what about the BODY OF CHRIST, us the church. Christ united the church. Anyone who believes in Christ Jesus the Son of God our Saviour is a brother of mine and we are one in Christ and part of the same BODY,and in taking the fruit of the vine we are remembering the new covenant in His blood, in Jeremiah 31 it tells us of the new covenant that Jesus signed with His blood. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

So, what are we doing when we take part in the Lords Supper? What is it symbolizing? We are proclaiming the death of Jesus Christ until the day that He comes back!!! So I say what are we supposed to do on Sunday mornings? We are supposed to PROCLAIM THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST AND TEACH CHRIST RESURRECTED!!! So make the focus of the Sunday morning fellowship the Lords Supper, then sing songs, and praise the Lord and preach the GOOD NEWS, leave and go do God's work. AMEN

Read 1 Corinthians and study it I know I am.

1 comment:

Billy Mitchell said...

I get the distinct feeling that you are a little excited about what God is doing in and around you!

Your passion is seen and contagious.

Keep doing what your doing.