Monday, November 19, 2007

What Am I Going To Do?

Do you get your check at the end of the week and wonder where your next dollar is going to go? Do you ever worry about how your going to buy food for the week, or gas? How often do you worry about cloths, or bills? I know I do every day. Well, not anymore, because I know that those are all going to be answered. Have you ever waisted a day on worries? How many times have you gotten in bed at night and realized you waisted your whole day worrying about something that is going to happen the next day or next week? Look back on those days and think about how many opportunities you missed for good conversation with your co workers, or family. Is it worth it? Do you like feeling miserable all day? Stress, is that something you like? I know I don't, and I know that has happened to me one to many times in my life. So, guess what, I'm not doing it anymore. Why? I'm glad you asked.

Matthew 6:34 "Therefor do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Jesus said this. If Jesus our Lord and savior is telling us this then we need to listen. Earlier in chapter six he tells us that God knows what we need, and He will provide it for us. Does a bird worry about cloths, or food? No. God provides the bird with food, why wouldn't He do the same for His children? If your worrying about these things then how are you focusing on the things that God wants us to focus on? Verse 33 of chapter six tells us to "seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." He wants us to focus on Him, and because He wants us to focus on Him, God is going to give us these things so we don't have to be burdened by these things and can focus on His glory and not on our junk of life. Jesus will make our burden light, He has promised us all these things that we worry about so that we don't have too. I can't stress this enough, don't worry about these earthly things about food, or cloths Matthew 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Not me, I know that everything I have is given to me by God, nothing I do, or try to do is going to change that. I'm not in charge and guess what, I don't want to be the one to break this to you but neither are you. God is, Jesus has been given all authority not me, so I don't care how much I want or think I want I'm not going to have it unless Jesus wants me to. So, why worry about it? If Jesus has given you eternal life, what right do you have to worry about such simple things as food? He has given you life eternal and everything that comes with it, and here on earth that means food and cloths and drink. He knows, and will take care of your needs.

What about all those times when you were worried about these things and missed out on an opportunity to witness to a co worker, or teach your family about God and his everlasting love for them? Cause I know when I worry I am too stressed out to even listen to what anyone has to say. So, just chill out and focus on the Kingdom of God and help grow His Kingdom and He will take care of the rest. See we aren't promised tomorrow, and today is a gift, so use this day that He has given you, not to stress about tomorrow, but to grow His Kingdom today, and If the Lord is willing He will give you tomorrow to do it again.

2 comments:

Oscar Hance said...

I just want you to know that some people do read your blog, even if they don't post comments. Love ya bro. Keep it up.

Chris said...

Good Afternoon Mauricio,

I am sorry that I have not read this blog yet. I am sorry because of how insightful and helpful you are, as well as your blog. Thank you for your comments on my myspace account, I truly appreciate your words of encouragement... now, it is my turn... this is unbelievable! you are hitting the nail right on the head! my worries are still here, but much less than BC (before Christ). You have made an enourmous impact on my life, and I can not thank you enough... please keep it up!!!

Love ya bro,
In His Love,
Chris Schulte