Wednesday, September 12, 2007

constantly connected

"Be joyful always; PRAY CONTINUALLY; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16,17,18.
This verse really has taught me a lot in the past week. All of these things really go together, and its so cool how. The cool thing about this verse is, they all come together at the same time if your living in Christ.
"Be joyful always." Lets see, how is it possible to always be joyful? If you think about it, in this world it really isn't. The fact that all of our lives are busy, work, study, traffic. It seems like everyone has an agenda. I have to be here at this time, there at that time, and it always seems like when your in a hurry everyone on the road forgets where the gas peddle is. That can be very upsetting. Now, if your upset at this present situation how are you joyful? Well, your not. So take this situation, where you have to be somewhere and here you are stuck in traffic, and understand that God stuck you there for a reason and you should be happy that He put you there so that you can do something for Him, and if you realize that, then that's where the joy comes from, because you get the opportunity do actually do something for the creator of all things.
Now, how do we know what He is telling us to do at this particular moment? That's easy, pray continuously. If you are always in prayer(ALWAYS) then you are always connected to God. And if you are always connected to God then you always know what He is telling you to do. See, if you always know what he is telling you to do, then you are always joyful, because you are always ready to serve. So being connected to God gives us the opportunity to not have to rely on our flesh to help make any decisions, and we then know that we are always doing the will of God. I don't know about you, but I personally will ALWAYS be full of joy when I am, and know I am doing His will.
So, if I am joyful always, and praying continuously, then there isn't a situation that I will ever find myself in that I won't give thanks to. Because, I know that God has put me in this position for a reason. Again how do I know that? Because I am constantly connected. So, I will give thanks through anything because I know that He is putting me somewhere where I am able to serve Him, and If God chooses me at that point in time to do a "job" for Him so that He may be glorified then I will have no choice to but to thank Him for that honor.
So what do I say? I say "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4. Rejoice for your blessings, and rejoice for your sorrows, and rejoice because God is always working through you, as long as you let Him.
With the love of our savior Christ Jesus, Good night.
Mauricio

1 comment:

dennie said...

I have always found it very comforting to know that I can talk with my heavenly Father any time and any where...I don't have to be in a specific location or in a specific posture. I don't have to say specific words or phrases and I don't have to be in the presence of any special person. Just my God and I...what a special sound! Walking and talking each and every day and I journey through life on this earth with Him right here beside, inside, and all around me!