Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Living Word

Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

For the word of God is living and active. Wow, the word of God. So that means that the words that God speaks to us, and uses to teach us about him, are living and active? So does that mean that the bible is not just a book, but a living, active, ever going lesson? Well, I believe so. In reading the bible, have you ever noticed that if you go back and study the same thing you have once studied in the past, you get something totally different than what you originally got out of it? I know that for me that is an almost daily occurrence.

In prayer we talk to God. I think that any time we talk to God we are praying, doesn't necessarily mean we are always bowing our heads and on our knees, but talking to him during the day like you would be talking to a friend is also a form of prayer. Now the question is, isn't conversation two ways? So does He talk back? I say yes. In a lot of different ways, God reveals himself in so many different ways, through your thoughts he speaks to you, maybe a dream, or vision. How about actually talking to you perhaps a voice from the heavens. I think that there is one way that he speaks to me the most, and that is through the bible itself.

Gods word is living and active, that means that as your reading the message is ever changing. The actual words don't change in the book itself but the meaning of the words in your heart change pertaining to what your going through at that particular season. See, as long at we are studying, he is teaching, as long as we are looking he is showing, so all we need to do in order to learn what he wants us to know directly from him then all we have to do is let him show us. See God wants us to know him, he wants us to learn from the word he has so graciously given unto us and all you have to do to see this Living and Active word of our heavenly father is: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7

2 comments:

dennie said...

Mauricio, thank you for leaving this site info on the family grapevine. I plan to follow your posting and will (I'm sure) make comments from time to time. When I was initially reading your grapevine message I was reading "Mauricio" but my mind was thinking "Francisco". See, this just proves even more that I need to get to know you guys better...as adults (even though I still often picture three little guys)! Thank you for allowing God to use you in such a powerful way! With my love...your cousin...dennie (sharon).

Carl said...

There is an interesting concept in Hermeneutics (the art and science of interpretation) called "the hermeneutical spiral". When I approach a passage of Scripture, I do so with a specific worldview. As I understand that passage and apply it to my life, it changes my worldview. The next time I approach those same words, the Living Word has changed my worldview, and now I can be taught something different...and changed again.
Mauricio, thanks for your blog.