Thursday, September 13, 2007

does it really matter

September 4, 2007 - Tuesday
does it really matter
Today I was thinking about, just some random things. One of the things that crossed my mind was, about three or so years ago I was determined to find something that I could do to make a name for myself. So that when I die my children could be proud and tell there children about me and so on and so forth. I wasn't sure what it would be, but it was going to be something big, whether it be trying to talk about political crap or something that would give me recognition in the media and perhaps make a big deal about it or something like that. I just didn't want to be forgotten.
Now here I am thinking about how I could actually think like that, because the question rises, Does it really matter? Look at the history books and not so much at the people who founded our country and government(though the way things look, did that even matter?) But at some of the meaningless garbage that gets remembered. I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter. Because anything that I do isn't going to change the fact that I will eventually be forgotten, but there is something that I will and believe we are all supposed to do, and that is to make a name not for ourselves, but to introduce and let people understand who God is. Because to be completely honest nothing that we say, or do,or get really means much other than the things we do to glorify Him. Bottom line is we are all going to die, but the real question is do we really want to trade eternal life for having things and having a name for ourselves in this world. I don't know about you, but not me.
I've decided that none of those things matter, I can't take my brand new big super cool truck with me when I die, nor can I take a million dollars, so is it worth trading your soul for that stuff. No, if God decides that he wants you to have these things than cool, accept them with open arms, but understand that fact that He gave them to you and He can take them away. So take care of them and use them to serve others and God.
Another thing that I thought about was knowledge and wisdom. What is true knowledge and wisdom? Lets take all these scientists with multiple PHD's in some flung dung. These people are the great minds of our time and spend countless hours studying theories and conducting experiments and finding the "fact". Now lets look at the complete other side of the spectrum. ME!!! I didn't finish high school, if you can't tell yet I really have a hard time spelling, and I'm not really sure how to even conduct an experiment. Between me and them, who has true knowledge and wisdom? Your first answer would probably be them, EHHH, WRONG!!!! It's amazing to me how foolish these people are, how confused they are trying to find the answer to this whole life and existence thing, and little old me knows the answer. It's written in 1 Corinthians, 20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
So the way I see it is that it's hard for the smart people to accept the truth about Christ, because there is no "proof", but I assure you that one day all will know the truth, and on that day, believers, non believers, and all those who believe but refuse Christ will bow down and worship.

1 comment:

dennie said...

Mauricio, the best thing that you can do for your children is to love their mother and the best thing you can do for your wife is to love your children! Be the best Christian husband and father that you can possibly be and that will be what they will remember and what they will cherish when you are gone!