Thursday, September 13, 2007

Life

September 3, 2007 - Monday
Life Current mood: happy Category: Life
You know, I have a lot of different things going on in my life, and I just so happen to know of a few people in my life who are going through some rough times. I guess the reason I'm posting this blog is because God has led me to do so, and whom ever reads this I hope that you get something out of it. About two months ago I lost my job, and didn't work for those two months, I had rent and a lot of bills that I unfairly put in my wife's responsibility knowing that it is mine. That in itself killed me inside, stress was up and moral was down. My wife and I were at each others throat every day, I was stuck home with the kids all day because we could no longer afford child care. So there I was being a complete jerk to my kids, my wife , my friends, and blaming everyone I could, sure I was looking for work, but the question is how hard? Any way here I am in my mom's house with my wife and two girls, living back with mommy. I no longer have my truck that I've pretty much waited all my life to get. The funny thing is stress is down and moral is up. Why? Good question I'll tell you why. Well in those two months the greatest thing that could have happened, did. My relationship with God grew at a rapid pace and am happy to say still is growing. Stress: why is it low? No, not because I'm back at home and bills are low and I have a job now, but because it is written to place my burdens on God because his burden is light and he can take mine for me. Its that easy? All I have to do is trust in God and everything will be ok? Easy, well yes, and no. That's all it takes and its very hard to do, but man is it worth it, No stress, why because God promised me that He will take care of me, and if the one that created all things says He is going to take care of me, well guess what. I believe Him. So lets look back, the house I was living in is gone. Yeah, so, that wasn't mine, God let me take care of it for a while and use it for what He had planned, I took an exchange student in for a month and got to host a weakly bible study for a month, now that's what he wanted me to do, I did it and now He has another plan for me. The truck, it wasn't mine, He just let me take care of it for a while, I helped people move stuff, I helped my brother rip out some trees,(that was fun), I pulled the trailer for the church and now we don't need it anymore and I don't have the truck anymore, go figure. It's all figured out, do I know whats going to happen? No, but He does and I trust Him so I really don't need to worry, because it'll all work out, because I can't do anything right, but he can't do anything wrong an He is in charge not me. So I'll just let him take over and I'll follow his lead, because its all for his glory anyway not mine. It says in the Bible "don't worry about tomorrow because tomorrow has enough problems of its own". So lets not worry about tomorrow, let Him take care of it, because all we will do is screw it all up. The only advice I have for anyone is this, Get in the word, build that relationship with God, and as is says in Philippians 2:5 "your attitude should be like that of Christ Jesus." Love everyone, humble yourself,serve,be connected to God always, and just let the spirit guide you because in the flesh all the decisions we make are self centered and for our glory, and if you are always connected to God then you can always ask him for the right decisions. So, I'll leave you with this, "I am the way and the truth and the light..." Trust in Him and He will take care of all things.
Live, Love , and laugh a whole bunch.
Mauricio

1 comment:

dennie said...

Stress...what can I say. I think that I find myself feeling the effects of stree most when I am focusing too much attention on me and myselfish nature. It is when I take my eyes off Jesus and place them on self that I feel the great, weighty pressures of stress. Yes, life has stress...some days life IS stress...but when I turn my eyes back to Jesus and focus on Him, the heavy burden becomes much lighter!