Friday, September 14, 2007

Making things right

Matthew : 23-26 23"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
25"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

There is this guy at work, who is a real pain in my neck. I mean this guy seems like his goal in life is to fight me, for some reason. The real weird part of it all, is when I started there he kind of took me under his wing and helped me in the areas I had problems with. Not to mention because of him my paper work is perfect for the most part. He is older than I am and more experienced than me, so I listened. Well for that I thank him. After just a couple of weeks working there they hired another new guy. This was great for me, because I'm no longer the new guy,(YES!!!). I hate being the new guy, but anyway that's not the point here. It seemed like he started focusing his attention towards him. That's okay with me, in fact it kind of felt good, you know being released. Now I wasn't being looked over and I started to feel like one of the crew. Well, it seemed like at just about the same time he kind of started in on me. I was like, wait a minute. First this guy comes and really puts a lot of time and effort into me and now he is taking cheap shots.

One of the things God has been doing in my life is working on my temper and willingness to fight, both physically and verbally. I am very good at improvisation of insults, funny I used to think that was a gift, not any more. Now I feel like its a weight on my feet. So, one of the great things about God is that he is stronger than any weight that can try to hold me back. So, instead of trying to walk with these "weights" I'm just going to jump on his back and let him give me a piggy back ride, that way I know He is taking me through every step with no effort at all.

So, anyway as I was saying before I got a little side tracked, sometimes the holy spirit just takes over and goes off on a tangent. It's a lot of fun when that happens. I have been able to deal with this guys ignorance for a long time now, for me anyway. I know that,that was but for the grace God I was able to take it for so long. Then finally the devil started to whisper in my ear and egg me on to use that "gift" to retaliate. Now, before I get too far ahead, this guy has had a pretty rough year. He was arrested, now on probation, lost his house, has to go to anger management classes that he has to pay for. Now, this is the kicker, all of these things are happening to him because of the lies of his ex-wife who left him for another girl. It gets much deeper but I don't know all of it, and if I did I don't think its my place to say. So this guy has a lot on his mind all of the time, and the only way for him to deal with it and not go crazy in his thoughts I guess is to do the things he does to keep him mind off of everything else.

The other day Rebecca(my wife) comes to work to go to lunch with me. He calls me over when she goes into the showroom to wait for me, and he makes some ignorant remark about the size of her breasts. That was it, that was the line that I couldn't deal with. I didn't say anything then, and I walked away. Yesterday was the first day I saw him after his day off. Didn't say anything then either. Today I was still quiet, but that is three days that it has been boiling inside of me. I don't know how, he said something today that made me explode inside, and still I said nothing to him. Later God gave me the power to talk it over with him and explain why I was obviously mad at him. He took it, and apologized to me, and I don't think now we will have any problems like that anymore. See, now he knows my boundaries, and I don't think he really wants to hurt anyone. So, like I said God is stronger than any weight.

No comments: